Friday, September 12, 2014

Back to normal maybe

So after the engine replacement and the transmission mount debacle, things got back to normal.  The car went back to being my daily driver, and when we hit 3,000 miles, we sure as hell got that oil changed.  Don't want any part of that mess again.

And then about a week ago, the status display came up with "CHECK LICENSE PLATE LAMP".  Turns out that those two bulbs are some sort of new-fangled LED contraption, and wouldn't it just figure that these aren't made to be user-replaceable in the early cars?  That's right, you're expected to replace the whole hatchback door release assembly, which has the new bulbs in it.  Later models came with bulbs you can replace, but I've popped mine out and there are no connectors.  If I'm going to replace mine with the new style, I will have to come up with my own connector mechanism.

Oh, almost forgot.  A couple days ago, the driver's side door handle almost came off in my hand.  The leading edge pivot apparently wore out.  I'm guessing that this isn't covered under the body warranty.

Borrowed this pic, mine didn't come out well.

No comments:

Post a Comment