Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Meanwhile, back at the Studio

So three or four weeks go by after I dropped the car off at the Studio.  I hadn't heard a peep since our last phone call, so I reached out.

"How's it going with my car?"

"Well, the new engine is in place, but we think there's an issue with the wiring harness.  The engine computer doesn't seem to be working right."

"Did it change between 2012 and 2014 model years?"

"Well, it might have.  We're checking it right now pin by pin to see what we find."

A week goes by, and hearing nothing, I called again.

"Get anywhere with the thing?"

"Yeah, it seems like the engine computer is fried.  It doesn't work no matter what we do.  We ordered one a few days ago.  I'll let you know when it arrives."

Three weeks later, I called back.  "Still not here", he says.  That's when I lost my shit.

On the advice of a friend, I called 888-CIAO-FIAT and registered a complaint.  The nice lady on the phone acknowledged that an order had been placed but its status read "BACK ORDER" or something like that.  She said she would see about putting an expedite order on it and call me back when she knows more.

A few days later, she calls to say it was in transit to my Studio.   So if you're keeping score at home, that's FIVE WEEKS that it took for a part to be delivered to the Studio by the company's own supply chain.

No comments:

Post a Comment